Thomas's Reviews > The Girl Who Played with Fire

2018505
Jan 29, 11

bookshelves: own-electronic, thriller, adult-fiction
Read from January 27 to 28, 2011

The middle book of the Millennium series, The Girl Who Played with Fire breaks away from the mystery genre of its predecessor and turns into a thriller of dramatic proportions - all while setting the stage for what is sure to be a climatic ending of the series, The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest.

Salandar is the most salient aspect of these books, and there is no doubt that she deserves the spotlight. Sometimes when she was not the main focus I was waiting impatiently for her perspective to come up again, that is how much I adore her. Her intransigence impressed me, and her numerous capabilities always had me wondering what she was going to do next.

The only thing I did not like about this book was the author's gratuitous utilization of language. At times there was an excessive amount of detail concerning the character's actions and emotions that were unnecessary to the story as a whole. This problem might have been alleviated if a different editor or translator had taken up the task, but it still irked me.

Overall, a solid, action-packed story. I hope the next book is just as excellent.

Want to read more of my reviews? Follow me here.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Girl Who Played with Fire.