Kelly's Reviews > Pretty Little Things

F 50x66
Dec 26, 2010

bookshelves: reviewed, mystery
Read in December, 2010

** spoiler alert ** I really enjoyed this book. This is one that I couldn't put down. The author constantly kept you guessing. I love stories where the reader knows more than the authorities in the story. Even though we knew where Lainey was the whole time, it was great guessing if she would ever be found. I'm not sure how I feel about the Katy in the crawlspace not ending up being Dees' daughter. It seemed Hoffman thought readers would find Dees' daughter's dissapearance being related to Picasso too farfetched, and changed up the Katy's at the last minute.

I actually felt lots of emotion for the Katy in the crawlspace. A lot of that emotion stemmed from thinking she was Katy Dees. Everytime Dees thought he had found the dead body of his daughter, I was scared for him. I was happy that Katy came home in the end, but I think she should have been part of the Picasso case.

Other than that, I LOVED IT. It was still an excellent read. Many recomendations!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Pretty Little Things.