Anica's Reviews > The Face of Death

The Face of Death by Cody McFadyen

Nov 24, 11

bookshelves: thrillers
Read from October 19 to November 24, 2011

Oh boy. I was THIS close to throw the book in the next corner. Because seriously, the beginning is so fucking boring. It's the same with the first book I read from Cody McFadyen. Bored to tears but people kept telling me I should stick to it a bit longer. It gets better. Oh well. I did with the first book. And I also did it with this book.

Because it did get better. A lot better!

Once I read page 130 or so I hardly could put this book away. I mean, there are still some things I find a bit too much or/and boring but the rest is awesome. McFadyen is able to pull you into this book that you forget everything else. And by the way, please don't be too sensitive. This book is kinda hardcore. I was shocked and hardly could go on with reading sometimes. But like I said, I had to. I wanted to know what was behind all of it.

The best thing was that I had no idea who the killer was. Until the very end. Loved this. Because lately I knew who the killer is after such a short time. So this was nice. What still bugs me a bit are the motives. I can't really explain it but I didn't buy it somehow. It was a bit flat and not so shocking, I dunno. Like I said, I can't really find the right words why this annoyed me. But it did. The whole thing why Sarah was the victim and everything behind... I was not convinced.

I still highly enjoyed reading this in the end. In fact I couldn't put it down before 3 a.m. because I had to know. lol So that's great. But still, I would like McFadyen's book a little more if you would come to the point a bit faster with his story. And not just had to warm up the first 100-200 pages. Seriously.

All in all I must say that I enjoyed this more then the prequel.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Face of Death.

10/19/2011 page 48
10.0% "The beginning is already annoying me so much. Blah, blah, blah."
10/21/2011 page 76
16.0% "So fucking boring. :/"