Robin's Reviews > Curiosity Killed the Cat Sitter

Curiosity Killed the Cat Sitter by Blaize Clement

Feb 19, 2011

bookshelves: kindle, cozy-mystery
Read from February 14 to 19, 2011

This is a little bit of a darker cozy - there is a reasonable amount of profanity, the main character is still somewhat recovering from the grief of losing her family some years ago and there's a little more gory details than what some people might expect from a cozy. People who like their cozies VERY cozy should probably stay away from this one.

But personally, I prefer my cozies this way, with a little bit more edge. It makes them more realistic and the character development is more interesting. I'd still consider it a cozy though because it's not exactly a thriller and the nature of the writing style still carries a humorous tone to it at times despite some of the darker elements. The author manages to balance it nicely.

I did have one issue with a small clue about killer but it turned out to not be very important anyway so I was able to look passed it. I'll definitely be reading the rest of this series!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Curiosity Killed the Cat Sitter.

Quotes Robin Liked

Blaize Clement
“Perfume companies ought to bottle the smell of crisp bacon. Forget pheromones. I’ll bet a woman with a little spot of bacon grease behind her ears would attract every male within a five-mile radius.”
Blaize Clement, Curiosity Killed the Cat Sitter

Blaize Clement
“They say God never gives us more than we can handle, but sometimes I think God has overestimated what I can take.”
Blaize Clement, Curiosity Killed the Cat Sitter