Michelle's Reviews > Eat, Pray, Love

Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert

Apr 05, 08

bookshelves: travel
Read in March, 2008

I enjoyed the lightheartedness of Gilbert's writing and her goal of travel not being obvious tourist intentions of things one is suppossed to do or see while in Italy, or India, or Bali...but filled her travel/searching with her own intentions/destinations: food/enjoyment, prayer/self, combining the two.
My favorite line was when she was in Italy and said that the only museum she had been to was the museum of pasta:-).
It's somewhat disappointing that she did not write more about finding peace with her ex-husband.
Through & through this was an easy enjoyable read that made me laugh.
I read a review that another goodreads person had written how she was secretely embarresed to read a book with such flowery title and pictures on the front; as if any book a person reads one has to completely identify with. But i don't think i have to suscribe to everything Gilbert says to enjoy her story, which i didn't & did enjoy the story.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Eat, Pray, Love.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Denise (new)

Denise Reading this book now - thanks to Michelle lending it to me. I really love her almost dead-pan and humble style. Thanks Michelle - I'll probably have this finished in a few more days - it's that good!

denise