Jessica's Reviews > Fallen Angel

4192573
Apr 08, 11

bookshelves: to-read
Read in April, 2011

I really wanted to like this book. Really, I did. However, it just didn't cut it for me. I didn't hate it but I really didn't like it that much either.

Ellie is your average 16 year old, high school student. Except for the fact that she can fly. Oh, and she can get "flashes" from people when she touches them. She meets Michael and discovers that he shares her secrets. He also tells her that they met before in Guatemala but she has no recollection. And after dating for all of 5 minutes, they kiss and then drink each other's blood.

This story was far-fetched and the characters were flat and/or down right annoying! Ellie's "do-gooder" attitude got old really fast. Ruth's constant forgiveness and obsessive behavior was ridiculous and Michael was just sickening. Plus, the whole story behind the "vampire legend" was ridiculous!

I was also disappointed in the suspense factor. The author would build up a suspenseful

I also wasn't crazy with the way Ellie and Michael dealt with their differences. Ellie thinks she is flying in her dreams and then Michael takes her out and shows her that she is really flying. Her reaction? "Really? I can fly and I like to drink blood? I must be a vampire". Hmmm....okay, I guess I would accept that super easily too....yeah right! Then, Ellie gets ready to sneak out to meet Michael and her parents catch her. She tells them that they don't know anything about her and her mother's response is "you think you're a vampire, don't you". Silly girl! What were you thinking? It was just ridiculous (have I said how ridiculous this book it yet?).

Oh, and the ending....it was (can you guess?)...ridiculous! They are in an extremely crowded market place, in the middle of a huge fight between Zeke and Michael and no one notices. Then, the way that they take care of Michael was rushed and completely unbelievable. The next chapter, Ellie and Michael are back at home as if nothing has happened.

So, despite the fact that I really wanted to like this book, it fell short for me. Big time! I doubt I will read the second book in this series.

Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fallen Angel.