Mark's Reviews > Bad Girls Don't Die

Bad Girls Don't Die by Katie Alender

Dec 25, 10

Read in December, 2010

Scary. As. Hell. I had heard great things about this book, and wasn't disappointed. And now there's a follow-up coming out? Count me in, after I turn on all the lights in the room. From the front cover of this book, to the last chapter, Alender had me hooked.

Alexis lives in an old, haunted-looking house with her parents and younger sister, Kasey. Kasey has always been a little odd to Alexis, but lately her behavior has been getting more disturbing. When Kasey starts using words that normally don't belong in her normal vocabulary, and moving around the house at odd hours, Alexis starts to worry. When she notices Kasey's eyes turning from their usual blue to bright green, Alexis gets seriously scared.

Alender does a great job of ratcheting up the fear factor in the book, without resorting to cliched scare tactics. She establishes an ominous tone, and a sense of foreboding with each chapter. As Alexis teams up, reluctantly, with the head cheerleader at her school, in an effort to help Kasey, the book takes turns which are even more sinister. I cannot wait for the next book, although I'm wondering how Alender can top this one.
5 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bad Girls Don't Die.

Courtney This one is FREAKY! I kept imagining the girl from _The Ring_ crawling across the floor to get me. One of the best scary books I've read in a looooong time. Glad you agree with me; otherwise, I would have to unfriend you. :)

Mark You wouldn't unfriend me over one book; maybe two. :) And I didn't imagine the Ring girl. What made it so scary to me was the way the little sister seemed so ordinary most of the time.