Thenia's Reviews > Stolen

Stolen by Kelley Armstrong

Mar 03, 12

bookshelves: 2012, paranormal, series, shifters, vampires
Read from February 26 to March 03, 2012

I did not remember Elena being this stupid in the first book! She's practically useless for most of this book. (view spoiler) I won't even mention her insecurity issues with Clay especially.

It's not just her, either. What can I possibly say about Sandra..? (view spoiler)

Finishing this book was painful. There was a whole lot of nothing happening for long intervals and some things had no reason for happening (and not in a good 'this is life, bad things happen' kind of way). The main "bad guy" was like a half-witted hormonal spoiled teenager who was supposedly intelligent but showed no evidence of the fact anywhere in the story and whose sadistic tendencies were out-staged only by those of his employees.

The only redeeming character is Jeremy, who was the voice of logic in the chaos and maybe Adam, who displayed a bit of humor. Xavier might have been an interesting character but we don't get to see all that much of him. Also, the sorcerer's identity was a surprise which is a good thing considering that I'd forgotten all about him and his "importance" up until his appearance.

All in all, I did not enjoy this book and I'm probably not going to read the next in the series.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Stolen.

02/27/2012 page 112
03/01/2012 page 318
68.0% "The stupidity of some characters in this book..."
03/02/2012 page 362
77.0% "Will it never end?! I feel like making noise to drown out the narrator's voice..."