Maddi Baum's Reviews > Where the Heart Is

F 50x66
Dec 25, 2010

it was ok
Read in December, 2010

This book was about a seventeen year-old pregnant girl named Novalee who was driving to California with her boyfriend. He was fed up with her and when she asked to stop to go to the bathroom, he drove away and left her stranded on the road. Panicking, Novalee found a Wal-Mart near by and in time gave birth to her baby girl right there in the store. She and her baby became instantly famous and soon enough the two of them became settled and Novalee was able to get a job at the Wal-Mart. The rest of the story tells of the times and adventures Novalee and her baby have and of the people who they come to meet and love.
Although this book was a little bit slow and maybe not one of my favorites, I enjoyed reading it nonetheless. It taught me lessons and was written differently than most books I've read, which I thought was great. Even though it may not be something I'd recommend to anyone, I do believe that it's a book worth while to read for people who are really willing to take the time to read it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Where the Heart Is.