Michael's Reviews > Sweet Tooth, Volume 1: Out of the Deep Woods

Sweet Tooth, Volume 1 by Jeff Lemire

Dec 25, 2010

bookshelves: comics, comics-superheroes
Read on December 28, 2010 — I own a copy , read count: 1

Jeff Lemire is an artist-writer I enjoy reading. I read the first issue of Sweet Tooth when it came out for 99 cents many months ago. It was a great intro to the story. I knew I was going to want to pick up the trade for this story. The story itself is good. The art is wonderful. Lemire doesn't disappoint in his style. It's a quick read, but that is how most of Lemire's works are. I have more problemwith where the trade ends. It leaves so many cliff hangers. It feel more like I finished the first chapter of a book than the first story in a series. This has nothing to do with Lemire's writing or art, but more how Vertigo collects it's trades. Now I have to wait till I can save enough money to buy the second collected-trade. I think this story would have been better if they had collected the first two arcs together. It would have made the story feel more complete than missing the next chapter. At the same time maybe it's good marketing cause I really want to know what happens next.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sweet Tooth, Volume 1.