~Tina~'s Reviews > Stay

Stay by Deb Caletti

Apr 02, 11

bookshelves: arc, read-2011, contemporary, young-adult, netgalley-e-galley
Read from March 31 to April 02, 2011

I've never read anything by Deb Calleti before, but I've always heard really great things about her books. Stay may have been the first book I've ever read from this author, but it definitely wont be my last.

Stay is about a girl named Clara Oates who is your average girl, shy, content and never was the very bold or daring kind, that is till she first seen Christian Nilsson.
Christian, once was that really great boyfriend. Sweet, funny and kind but soon he became easily jealous, overly controlling and completely obsessed.
Told in a before and after piece, we follow Clara while she's in a relationship with Christian and after when she's escaping from him with her father.
Powerful, intense and emotional, this is a story your all gonna want to read first hand!

This book is really hard for it not to effect you on some kind of level. Weather it's your experience or someone else or even just sympathizing towards this character, Stay is the kind of book that will linger in your thoughts long after the story is done.

When I first meet Clara and Christian, I got to admit, I thought they moved a little to fast, but then again it was pretty realistic for two teenagers who are attracted to one another, so I pushed it aside. They made a really sweet couple but the signs weren't hard to see and you actually start to feel nervous and scared for this character.
I really loved Clara's dad, he has a very open and relaxed personality and a good scene of humor, not to mention the support he's always given Clara. He's flawed and real. Then there's Finn and his wonderful warm moments. He was the perfect kind of remedy to heal a broken heart and a wonderful start to second chances.

Bottom line, this was a very well done story. The writing is heartfelt, strong and absorbing and the characters will take you on a crushing journey of self discovery, personal healing and guide you through relationship awareness.

Truly a gripping and captivating read.

(Arc provided by Simon & Schuster Galley Grab)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Stay.

04/01/2011 page 1

Comments (showing 1-18)

dateUp_arrow    newest »

Morgan F I kind of love Deb Caletti.

message 17: by Nic (new) - rated it 5 stars

Nic I still need to read one of her books! Which one first Morgan?

Morgan F I liked the The Queen of Everything most but Wild Roses was also cool.

message 15: by Nic (new) - rated it 5 stars

Nic Thanks Morgan. I will look for those :)

~Tina~ I haven't read her books yet either. This one sounds really good. I'll start with The Queen is Everything, all her books are at my lib:D

message 13: by Nomes (new)

Nomes i wish my lib had some of hers... my lib is mostly aussie ya and big hype ya

~Tina~ Yeah, but sometimes I wish we could trade lib's for a weekend girl! lol

Arlene You're reading this now Tina? Yayz!

message 10: by Nic (new) - rated it 5 stars

Nic Woo hoo! Happy reading :D

~Tina~ It's gonna expire soon so I'm gonna start it tomorrow morn, just finishing up my other book first:D

message 8: by Nic (new) - rated it 5 stars

Nic Great review Twinie. I agree it is one of those books that just linger. So glad you enjoyed it.

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

Great review XD
Maybe i'll check it out but I don't know I tried to read wild roses by this same author a while back and that didn't go so well but maybe that was just with that book...

~Tina~ Thanks guys:) I've never read anything else by this author before so I'm looking forward to reading something else by her now:)

message 5: by Jasprit (new) - added it

Jasprit Great review Tina, since you and Nic have been reading Deb Caletti books I feel like reading one too! My library only has one - Wild Roses! Guess that will have to do for now!

message 4: by Lora (new)

Lora Great review, Tina. I've never read anything from Caletti, either. Might have to start with this one:)

~Tina~ Thanks guys!
Hope Wild Roses is good Jasprit and I hope you like this one Lora:)

Arlene Great review Tina... as always. This book really moved me too. Glad you enjoyed it as well. :)

message 1: by Kat (new) - added it

Kat (the Sarcastic One ) Great review, hun! This sounds right up my alley. (Yeah, I know how bad that sounds)