Sarah's Reviews > Namedropper

Namedropper by Emma Forrest

Oct 25, 12

bookshelves: chick-lit, children-ya, library-has
Read from June 09 to 18, 2012

I think it's best to start this review with what came to mind the most while reading it:

Those words at best
Were worse than teenage poetry
Fragment ideas
And too many pronouns
Stop it, come on
You’re not making sense now
You can’t make them want you
They’re all just laughing
- Taking Back Sunday- Timberwolves at New Jersey.

That being said I really wanted to like this book. I had such a crush on the idea of this book, and as I wrote in another blog, because I had such a crush on it I was harder on it when it wasn't perfect. I think if I had found it when I was in high school I would of devoured it and loved it with all my being.( It would of been my Drew. Hahaha.)

There were times in the story, such the confession that Treena is so super human that she doesn't need an alarm clock, she'd just tap the time she wanted to get up into her head and it always worked that left me with a serious case of the "Are you f'ing kidding me?"

Another point that really bothered me was that I left the book never really knowing if Viva was pretty. We know she wasn't as pretty as Treena, but in general was she hot?

The worst offence was when I realized that Drew was suppose to be Richey Edwards. What a cop out, or is it just fangirling? We know that Forrest likes The Manic Street Preachers.-
my link text

I bought Thin Skin a few year ago for about 3 dollars in the discount book bin. Much like this there are aspects of it that I really love, but I have never finished it. I still don't know if I can wade though the over emotional, are you f'ing kidding me, that I feel is Forrest's work.
Richard

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Namedropper.

06/12/2012 page 52
06/13/2012 page 156
65.0% "Totally disappointed in the Drew/ Richey Edwards link. Unoriginal."
06/13/2012 page 156
65.0% "Totally disappointed in the Drew/ Richey Edwards link. Unoriginal."
06/16/2012 "182"