Cindi's Reviews > Wicked Appetite

Wicked Appetite by Janet Evanovich

1940550
Jan 05, 11

Read from January 03 to 05, 2011

Of course it only takes me a couple of hours to finish an Evanovich book, and this one was no exception. I liked it OK, but couldn't help but feel like I was reading another Stephanie Plum book. Ms. E's prose and style is just so recognizable! I read the hardcover version, which was basically double-spaced and 12 point text; I'm curious to see how many pages that equates to when it is in paperback. About 200?

Not much actually happens throughout this book, but the premise of this new series is good. Diesel, who goes thru cars in this book about like Stephanie does in a Plum book, shows up in Salem at Drizzle's Bakery where he seeks help locating a special charm. His chosen partner in crime (just little ones) is Lizzie, a cupcake chef extrodanaire who he says she is an Unmentionable. An Unmentionable is someone with a special talent; Diesel can unlock locks, Lizzie can bake awesome cupcakes and sense magical charms. Along the way, Diesel collects Lizzie and several of her friends (its a Plum-like scenario, I tell ya!) who provide some humor-therapy and slapstick ensues. D's brother is the enemy in this book and his name is Wulf, who is also trying to collect these charms related to the 7 Deadly Sins.

While I appreciate being reminded of how hot Ranger is in the Plum stories by Diesel's characterization and the disembodied Gwen who keeps him supplied with Rangeman-like cars, I wish that this book felt a little different from Ms. E's other books but I think it is a case of "if its not broke don't fix it". I can take the slapstick in a Plum book but I'm not real sure if I want to have it duplicated in a new series. Guess I'll try one more and see.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wicked Appetite.