Robert Healy III's Reviews > The Courage to Write: How Writers Transcend Fear

The Courage to Write by Ralph Keyes

Dec 24, 2010

Read in November, 2010

This book taught me things about the process writers go through in getting their work out in a tangible form; things that I may have took for granted, originally thought about differently, or didn't even know about at all. I would dare to say that this book even taught me things I didn't know about myself! I could easily relate to all of the fears, worries, and stresses the author mentioned, for I too have experienced these fears that writers face -- fears that most readers would never even think existed in the deep recesses of their favorite authors' minds. It was truly an "eye-opening" piece of work, and I would definitely recommend this book to, not just all writers, but to all readers as well. It is very interesting, in my opinion, and I believe others would feel the same. In the least, one would learn to empathize with writers of all kinds, and appreciate the hardships authors face in their craft. It takes more courage than you know to be a true writer who is also true to him/herself.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Courage to Write.