Sue's Reviews > Last Sacrifice

Last Sacrifice by Richelle Mead

F 50x66
Dec 21, 2015

Read in December, 2010

This is my 2nd time reading this. About 5 years ago I LOVED this this go around not so much. I left the 4 stars from my initial read. Rose used people for her means and truly didn't care about the collateral damage. Adrian's speech confronting her at the end seems to say exactly what I thought and how I felt towards her. I didn't see how she tried to protect EVERYONE only Lissa and Dimitri and she was willing to use others to do it. Then threw them under the bus without a second thought. Adrian. Jill. Mikail. Sidney. Eddie. I felt that Rose's treatment of Adrian was horrendous. So in the first book she breaks up with Mason because of her feelings for Dimitri. She knew it wasn't fair to Mason and even though she knew she couldn't be with Dimitri she decided she wouldn't do that to Mason. Same situation but now it's Adrian and she decides to use him. I didn't like her careless attitude towards him. She realized her thoughts were consumed with Dimitri but didn't give Adrian the same consideration that she did to Mason. She knew that Adrian had it bad for her. The speech at the end about Adrian being victim and that's why they aren't good for each other seemed like a pitiful attempt of the author to free Rose of guilt from sleeping with another guy while with Adrian. She didn't seem very sorry for breaking his heart. It was upsetting and off putting.
I had wondered time and time again why wouldn't she talk to Abe about Sydney? She knew Sydney was scared of him and Sydney had helped her so much. Why not try to take some heat off of her? Even if Abe didn't concede she would have at least tried.
I liked Rose in the beginning but by this book I didn't care for her at all. Adrian was who I was cheering for and he really got the shaft. He was sweet, charming, and took care of the people he loved. Even though he was described as being a player and a drunk, he was always there when he was needed. His exit scene didn't seem to hold any truth.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Last Sacrifice.