Jenny's Reviews > Desires of the Dead

Desires of the Dead by Kimberly Derting

Feb 15, 11

bookshelves: 2011-read, magical-realism, mystery-suspense, mystery, young-adult
Read in January, 2011

Desires of the Dead starts a couple months after the events of The Body Finder. Everything is back to normal in Violets life and her and Jay are officially a couple. But while on a shopping trip in Seattle, Violet is drawn to the body of a dead boy and ends up alerting the police where eventually the FBI gets involved.

I love Violet and Jay. Jay is a very sweet, attentive, caring and protective boyfriend to Violet. Their relationship has evolved--they’re boyfriend and girlfriend now but will always be each other’s best friends. Though not everything is perfect in the relationship. Violet used to confide in Jay but is now more secretive about the use of her abilities which also puts a strain on the relationship.

New characters are introduced including two new students who Jay quickly befriends and two FBI consultants hoping to figure out what Violet`s secret is. One of them is Rafe who seems to understand the struggle Violet is facing regarding her abilities. We don’t know anything about Rafe except that he helps the FBI but he does get Violet to open up to him so I’m hoping he’ll be back and get a bigger role in Bk. 3.

The mystery of who did it wasn’t as dark or as dangerous as the one in the first book but it sill kept me on the edge of my seat. Just when I think I have it figured out that author throws it in a new direction that has me scrambling.

Fans of The Body Finder will once again be pulled into the new mystery that surrounds Violet and her blooming relationship with Jay. If you haven’t read The Body Finder then read it and after that pick up the sequel, Desires of the Dead cause its amazing too.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Desires of the Dead.