Michael's Reviews > Richard Stark’s Parker: The Outfit

Richard Stark’s Parker by Darwyn Cooke

Dec 25, 2010

bookshelves: comics, comics-crime, favorites
Read from December 22 to 25, 2010

Darwyn Cooke is amazing. The second Parker graphic novel adaptation is even better than the first story. The noir style is amazing. Cooke is one of my favorite artist and he never fails to deliver. His simple style is beautiful and haunting at times. His style is so different than most artist. He has a classic cartoon style that screams at you.

The story was a great follow up. We catch up with Parker not to soon after the book. He's in Miami trying to put the outfit behind him when they catch up to him. Thus the promise that he would left with Branson in the first book is about to happen. The story is beautifully written. We see the dark side of of the world as Parker takes his revenge on the outfit.

If you like noir crime novels this is perfect for you. The graphic novel mixes book with comic in a perfect way. There are small sections in the graphic novel that are more book like, but move the story along much quicker than if it was drawn. I say read this book, it is a sensational crime novel.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Richard Stark’s Parker.