Amanda's Reviews > Napalm & Silly Putty

Napalm & Silly Putty by George Carlin

Mar 28, 12

Read from March 25 to 28, 2012

I still can't decide whether I'm a Carlin fan or not.
I mean, some of his stuff, I do find truly hilarious. Then some of it I find unnecessarily gross, rude, or otherwise unpleasant. I guess the good outweighs the bad, but there's still quite a bit of bad.
Anyway, this one wasn't terrible. I didn't enjoy it as much as When Will Jesus Bring the Pork Chops?, but I didn't hate it. I wonder how different it would have been had he written it a year later. It was published in 2001, and he made quite a lot of references to terrorism and the World Trade Center, etc. There was such a radical shift in the American psyche, I can't decide if I think he would have been more or less sympathetic to the common man.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Napalm & Silly Putty.

Quotes Amanda Liked

George Carlin
“Griddle cakes, pancakes, hot cakes, flapjacks: why are there four names for grilled batter and only one word for love?”

George Carlin
“If it's true that our species is alone in the universe, then I'd have to say the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little.”

George Carlin
“All music is the blues. All of it.”

George Carlin
“I'll tell you a little secret about the Blues: it's not enough to know which notes to play, you have to know why they need to be played.”

03/26/2012 page 60