Talya's Reviews > The Search

The Search by Nora Roberts

Dec 23, 10

bookshelves: steamy-sexy-time, nora-favorites, contemp-romance, mystery-suspense
Read in December, 2010

I loved The Search!

Fiona was a very good all around heroine. You learn many different facets of her and grow to like her more and more as Simon discovers her talents and just how much tragedy and trauma she has overcome.

She is very pragmatic, resilient(though you see many shades of vulnerability), and overall she's very kick butt and athletic. I liked that she was not co dependent or over attached and stood up to Simon's abrupt frankness (which I could see how someone could interpret his frankness as rude).
I also loved the interaction with the dogs, and the scenes with Jaws were adorable and had me laughing to the point where I was fighting back tears.

My only little qualms with the book were how brusque Simone was. He was frank with his words to the point of almost mean. I mean he was obviously digging Fiona, he didn't have to keep actually saying to her that she was not beautiful and not his usual type, and that he was struggling to figure out what is drawing him to her. I think the chemistry was steamy (hello exfoliating scene), it was an interesting balance to counteract his rough edges and harsh words.
Also we do not learn much about Simon's back story except for that he is loyal to and has a nice bond with his mother, and that he previously dated an eccentric pop star.

The villian RSKII, got pretty heavy and darker and more malicious than I was prepared for, I have to admit I was not prepared for how descriptive his treatment of women went. But the inevitable final confrontation was really good and satisfying. I was cheering.

Overall I really enjoyed it!
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Search.