Darkfallen's Reviews > Impossible

Feb 09, 2011

liked it
bookshelves: read-n-reviewed
Read from February 06 to 08, 2011

Ok so I am really torn between 3 and 4 stars with this book. I'm also going to have a hard time writing this review, which means it will prolly end up kinda short.

The story of Lucy and her family curse is enchanting and magnetic. You'll find yourself trying to solve the mysteries to breaking the curse. Even when your not reading it. Sitting at work thinking "how do you make a seamless shirt?" lolz

The characters are well rounded and likable but the book jumps ahead ALOT. This is where the 3 stars comes to play. I loved this story but I felt that the pace just sucked some of the luster out of it. There where times when I tought my heart was breaking, but then you flip the page and it's like "two month ago bla bla bla" and we were off to something new. Maybe it is just me but it just felt really rushed. Sort of like someone said " write this story but you only have X number of pages to do it in."

Sorry if I'm not making any sense. I warned you this was going to be hard for me. I think this would have been a solid 5 stars if there was say like 200 more pages?!

Please don't let me detour you from reading this. It is an amazing store of a families survival through a teen crisis. How anything is possible when your family bands together and the amount of love is outstanding.

Until next time....Read, Review, Repeat!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Impossible.

02/07/2011 page 133
35.0% "Ok so while I get the story story I am having alittle trouble connecting. It seems like a while lot of random info jumping from page to page and while I know that in the end I'll prolly be like "O" right now it's just putting distance between me and the characters"
02/08/2011 page 384
100.0% "Finished finished finished! Need a break from the computer( way too much writing) so I'll review tomorrow."
show 1 hidden update…

Greta is Erikasbuddy Aww! You don't like short stories? THose be the best kind for me :)

Darkfallen I wouldn't say that don't like short stories. It true I don't seem to read many but I've like most of them. It's hard to explain. I felt like I never connected with the emotion of the story bc it would keep jumping forward. Sorta like someone telling you something seriously tragic and then flash forward 2 weeks and its all "hey what's up? Wanna go hang at the mall?" like all the emotions they should be feeling you don't get to experience.
Does that make any sense?

Greta is Erikasbuddy LOLZ!!

YUP! I dig ya ;)