R.J.'s Reviews > Details of the Hunt

Details of the Hunt by Laura Baumbach

Dec 23, 2010

Read from December 22 to 23, 2010 — I own a copy

A very good friend of mine has this in paperback and purchased it for me for Christmas because it is one of his favourite books ever.

I couldnt put it down. This is an incredibly gorgeous love story starting a long time ago introducing Maymon the Pirate, captain of his ship. I hadnt seen the cover and imagined this to maybe be a story set on the high seas. Suddenly we are thrust seven hundred years into the future from the introduction and we meet the *alien* Talos, bound by the *Details of the hunt* to locate Maymon. As I said before, I couldn't leave this, I just found myself so involved.

Just so imaginative and cleverly written, and I felt so deeply for Talos and his undeniable bond attraction to Maymon. I also need a shout out to that awesome appendage of Talos' (fans self).

I would recommend this to anyone who likes sci fi with a twist, and a hot passionate relationship between two unlikely characters.

Definitely recommended...I am probably very late to the party here but I will be checking out all of Laura's writing...
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Details of the Hunt.

message 1: by Don (new) - rated it 5 stars

Don Bradshaw That one was great.

Fiona Goodman I love, love, love everything I've ever read of hers! I am currently reading Mexican Heat (fans self too!). She is sooo good at what I call 'pants rippers'! LOL!!