Adi (Reading in the Windowseat)'s Reviews > Heat Wave

Heat Wave by Richard Castle

Dec 24, 10

bookshelves: 2010-read-list, movie-tv-adapted, class-adult, book-first-in-series, genre-crimi
Read on December 24, 2010

Four stars for one reason alone - I love the plot of the TV series more than that of the book. But I'll definetely be onto the next book like... today, actually XD

The first installment of the Nikki Heat series is dynamic and catching, realistic to the point of seeming based on real events and convoluted enough to keep the reader wondering who's the real bad guy to the very last chapter. I found the characters unique and intriguing, the settings - well-described, and the detective work quite up to the standarts of the TV Series Castle.

The thing that made me give it 4 stars was the relationship - as good as are things between Nikki Heat and Jamie Rook, the sparks between Richard Castle and Kate Beckett are on a whole other level.

So take note, Mr Castle, and when you write on be sure to include more of that in your next books ;)
5 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Heat Wave.

Adi (Reading in the Windowseat) OMG! I love the TV series Castle and I know all about the Nikki Heat books but I didn't think they are really created (though I did wonder what with all the editions they've put on the show, with hardcovers and coverart and all). WOW, can't wait to read these!

message 2: by Vanessa (new)

Vanessa I absolutely love "Castle", too, and have been wondering about whether to get this book. Looking forward to hearing what you think about it ... :o)

Adi (Reading in the Windowseat) You should like it just fine, if you're a fan of the TV series =)