Gwen's Reviews > Dear James

Dear James by Jon Hassler

Jan 06, 2011

Read from December 23, 2010 to January 05, 2011

My first time reading Jon Hassler and what a joy it was. Before even reading comments of others I had decided that he was spot on with his characters and just as "in the real world" you love things about them and sometimes find things about them irritating. It gave one pause to realize how a casual comment, made without malice, a listener may interpret it as judgmental and not know that it is tempered with love and friendship. It was so interesting the way that Hassler was able to get the story to evolve and eventually get on with life and ease our minds as to the affect it had upon everyone involved........ truly like life really is.

I was inspired enough by this writing to immediately seek out another book by Hassler, just to see if I was right in my assessment of his ability to write with insight.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dear James.

message 1: by Linda K (new)

Linda K I have read many of Hasslers' books and they are so enjoyable. May this one comfort you to the max.

Gwen Thanks, Linda!!! I'm scheduled for next Tuesday and they told me to bring a book to read. lol Audrey just gave me this to read at the last meeting and it sounded like the perfect read.

Have a blessed Chrismas, StarShine!!!!