♥ Ashleigh ♥ contrary to popular belief im not actually mad!'s Reviews > Witchling

Witchling by Yasmine Galenorn

Sisters of the moon series is totally enjoyable and one of my fave's

the reason i like this series so much is not just because you get witches, vampires, were's, humans, dragons, incubuses, demons etc. but because its so well written/put together. the characters feel so real like you personally know them, its also more interesting because they are all going through different things.

the first book "Witchling" is about Camille - a wicked-good witch, who is only half blooded Fae half blooded human so her magic is always short-circuiting. she's the oldest of the sisters and totally fab with her fashion sense.

each book comes from a different sisters point of view, which really helps you get the whole picture and helps you see the "non" main characters from different perspectives.

well i wont go into any more detail so you can read all of the surprises for yourself with out me spoiling it and also i'm a reader not a writer so enjoy and have fun :)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Witchling.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by L-D (new) - rated it 3 stars

L-D Oh - you are starting this series? I read all 9 books so far. It gets kind of Anita Blake-esque later on, but as the witch books get weaker, the changeling and vampire sister books get stronger.

♥ Ashleigh ♥  contrary to popular belief im not actually mad! lol no i read this book forever ago, i have just been updating my shelves and things so the dates have gone all funky.
i have read all the books that are out.... are u looking forward to the knew Camille one??
i agree with u on the witch book getting weaker.

message 3: by L-D (new) - rated it 3 stars

L-D Well - not as much as if it were one of the other two sisters. She is just a humungous ho. I was annoyed when she had sex with the one demon in the sewers. like she doesn't have enough men. Selfish.

♥ Ashleigh ♥  contrary to popular belief im not actually mad! lol i agree - it was totally her fault to, he warned her not to get to close when he was going all demony, but in the end it will more than likely get him into trouble and not her... very annoying!

im excited about the next changeling book more than the vampire one - delilah life is just a bit more exciting atm.

♥ Ashleigh ♥  contrary to popular belief im not actually mad! i wonder how long the series will be??

message 6: by L-D (new) - rated it 3 stars

L-D OH - and I LOVE Delilah's new man. Is it Shade? I HATED CHASE ever since he was caught with his EX - OH SO MAD!

message 7: by ♥ Ashleigh ♥ (last edited Oct 12, 2011 04:36PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

♥ Ashleigh ♥  contrary to popular belief im not actually mad! haha yea me too!
he was such a douche!

i totally didnt see it coming chase was pretty awesome until he went wacky!
i so wish the vamp chick ate him! lol.

what books you reading now??

message 8: by L-D (new) - rated it 3 stars

L-D I'm reading a book called I'll Be Your Drill, Soldier. I am LOVING it because it is taking me right back to when I was in Basic Training in the army. I am not sure if someone not in the army would find it as hilarious. Check out this hot cover.

I'll Be Your Drill, Soldier by Crystal Rose

And yes, it's M/M ;)

message 9: by ♥ Ashleigh ♥ (last edited Oct 12, 2011 11:25PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

♥ Ashleigh ♥  contrary to popular belief im not actually mad! lol i thought it prob was.
and your right - very nice cover ;)
lol.

im currently reading Zombies Sold Separately (Night Tracker, #4) by Cheyenne McCray
the main character is extreamly annoying but the story is usually pretty interesting - i <3 the second main female character, her name is Olivia and she's hilarious! she totally should of been the main character.
plus she always wears these cute t-shirt with funny saying on them
e.g. "come to the dark side, we have cookies"

:D i love cookies

message 10: by L-D (new) - rated it 3 stars

L-D ugh - I hate it when I don't like the main character. Yet I still read those books.

mmmm - cookies.

Jaz Parks series is really good - there's a hot guy - 2nd main male character who wore really funny t-shirts too! Have you read that series?

♥ Ashleigh ♥  contrary to popular belief im not actually mad! haha YES! - i own a few of those books as well!

but i stopped reading @ book 7, the books had gone a bit odd - apparently radin got really depressed around then and ended up killing her self, i think a little while after book 8.

really sad.

message 12: by L-D (new) - rated it 3 stars

L-D Yeah - I know. That's a shame.

♥ Ashleigh ♥  contrary to popular belief im not actually mad! i was totally shocked when i found out. i felt sad for her family.
deaths are never easy and suicide has to make it worse for the family and the guilt they prob carry thinking that they should of done something better/more to help.

message 14: by ♥ Ashleigh ♥ (last edited Oct 14, 2011 05:01PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

♥ Ashleigh ♥  contrary to popular belief im not actually mad! awesome new picture's by the way :)
i just checked them out on your profile.

message 15: by L-D (new) - rated it 3 stars

L-D ♥ Ashleigh ♥ wrote: "awesome new picture's by the way :)
i just checked them out on your profile."

Thanks! Yeah - I just read a book with a suicide and the book just made me SO angry. Suicide never makes sense to me.

message 16: by ♥ Ashleigh ♥ (last edited Oct 14, 2011 09:29PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

♥ Ashleigh ♥  contrary to popular belief im not actually mad! i hate what is does to the people who love the victim. its kind of selfish - i really hope that isnt a mean thing to say, lol but its what i believe. (unless your already dying - say from a terminal disease)

message 17: by ♥ Ashleigh ♥ (last edited Oct 14, 2011 09:37PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

♥ Ashleigh ♥  contrary to popular belief im not actually mad! i hate it when a book is really sucky and you feel like throwing it at the ground but you cant cause otherwise you have to pay the library for ruining there book, lol.

i smack alot of books against my head if the main character really annoys me or does something so stupid its just unbelievable, lol. luckily i read mostly paperbacks!

message 18: by L-D (new) - rated it 3 stars

L-D I actually became a goodreads friend with the author and told him how sucky I thought his characters were and their poor decisions. He said the book was actually based on his real-life sucky decisions which I really admired.

But I AGREE. Suicide is extremely selfish. I guess the only exception would be what you said AND if you just didn't have anyone in your life at all. And were just lonely and miserable and no one loved you. That would suck.

message 19: by ♥ Ashleigh ♥ (last edited Oct 17, 2011 06:58PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

♥ Ashleigh ♥  contrary to popular belief im not actually mad! lol yea that really would.

also i hate it when they do it were there are bound to be innocents.
there have been people who hung themselves in a school playground - where a child found them the nxt day. how horrible is that for a child to see!
i cant understand why anyone who off themselves would want a child to discover them.

message 20: by ♥ Ashleigh ♥ (last edited Oct 17, 2011 07:23PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

♥ Ashleigh ♥  contrary to popular belief im not actually mad! god this is such a gloomy discussion, lol.
we should take about something else.....hmmmm......
ooo i know...

i just finished reading Storm Front by Jim Butcher - i did a hell crappy review, lol.
i prob wrote a better review on this page >> http://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/5...
its at the bottom.

also i looked at the book summery of When I Fall (An Uncommon Whore, #2) by Belinda McBride. its seems very.... interesting, lol.
if i was more into M/M i'd deff give it a go.
how are you finding it so far?

message 21: by Tammy (new) - added it

Tammy I see that you've read her other series...and liked it!! I'm gonna have to check it out!!

message 22: by ♥ Ashleigh ♥ (last edited Feb 15, 2012 10:55AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

♥ Ashleigh ♥  contrary to popular belief im not actually mad! i really enjoyed most of the books in this series - up until about book 7 after that they havent been as good in my opinion, but you should check this series out anyways and see if you'd like it or not.
its one of those odd books were you either enjoy it or hate it, lol.

the main reason i liked this series was because it swapped POV between the sisters with each book, its something i havent come across before. :D it was great fun getting to know the sisters better and see there different personality's and get different opinions on everything.

message 23: by L-D (new) - rated it 3 stars

L-D When I Fall was actually the sequel to An Uncommon Whore. The first book was really good but so far the second book is a DNF for me. I just can't get through it.

message 24: by Tammy (new) - added it

Tammy I'm gonna check it out, I'm excited that I have a bunch of new series to read!!

message 25: by L-D (new) - rated it 3 stars

L-D I do not recommend When I Fall. An Uncommon Whore is good, but only if you are already well-versed with M/M books because it is pretty intense.

message 26: by ♥ Ashleigh ♥ (last edited Feb 15, 2012 11:43AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

♥ Ashleigh ♥  contrary to popular belief im not actually mad! Tammy wrote: "I'm gonna check it out, I'm excited that I have a bunch of new series to read!!"

lol yea i think i'v recommended you like 10 in the last couple of days! lol. good luck with those! let me know what you think :)

♥ Ashleigh ♥  contrary to popular belief im not actually mad! L-D wrote: "When I Fall was actually the sequel to An Uncommon Whore. The first book was really good but so far the second book is a DNF for me. I just can't get through it."

DNF??

message 28: by Tammy (new) - added it

Tammy I know!! At least I won't run out of things to read anytime soon :-)

message 29: by L-D (new) - rated it 3 stars

L-D DNF means Did Not Finish. Uncommon Whore was from the POV of the King. When I Fall was from the POV of the other MC and it was like a completely different MC. He was kind of a douche in the second book and I'm like, who is this guy? I couldn't finish.

♥ Ashleigh ♥  contrary to popular belief im not actually mad! L-D wrote: "DNF means Did Not Finish. Uncommon Whore was from the POV ..."

ohhhh thanks!

Ugh! i hate it when im looking forward to a book and a character turns out to be really lame and ruins everything. hope your next book is better!

message 31: by Tammy (new) - added it

Tammy I finally got this book, I'm gonna read it next!

message 32: by ♥ Ashleigh ♥ (last edited Mar 08, 2012 12:35AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

♥ Ashleigh ♥  contrary to popular belief im not actually mad! ^.^ Awesome! you have to write a review when ya done so i can see what ya think! :D
hope you like it :)