Hayley's Reviews > The Perks of Being a Wallflower

The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky

Feb 01, 12

bookshelves: real-life-bookshelf, ya

I read the beginning of this (like the first quarter), became overwhelmed with boredom and gave up, couldn't forget the fact that all I'd heard about this book were praisey ravings, picked it back up but flipped to just past the middle, read to the end, and remained unimpressed.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Perks of Being a Wallflower.

Stefanie I didn't understand the fuss about this book either. The passing of time has let me give it a better star rating than it deserves probably, I think I'll change that now.

Hayley i keep feeling like i should read this again and it give it another chance but then i remember just how bored i was. i think it's quote-worthy. like there are lots of teenaged angsty quotes that emo kids and hipster kids love to extract and smear around the universe and maybe the little pieces of quality in it are good enough for them but as a whole this book is kind of a melodramatic flop.

Stefanie yeah it's been awhile but i remember when i was reading it that it just seemed like it was trying really hard to be this book that will change the hearts of all the teens that will read it but you don't actually feel for anyone in it nor feel like theyre real. maybe emma watson in the movie will change my mind! haha

Hayley and logan lerman and ezra miller :)