Sandra's Reviews > Hunt the Moon

Hunt the Moon by Karen Chance

Feb 14, 12

bookshelves: pnr-uf, vampires, karen-chance, own, witch-magic-fae, challenges-2012
Read from February 13 to 15, 2012

** spoiler alert ** Wow, what to say about this one? Action packed as usual.

Previously ... Cassie killed the God, Apollo and thought that everything was fine.

So, she's preparing reluctantly for her Coronation as Pythia, having lessons from Jonas in Pythia skills and Pritkin in self-defence, whilst trying to find out how she feels about Mircea. When Jonas comes up with a crazy Norse Gods vs Greek Gods scenario, where killing Apollo is only the first step in protecting the Earth from Ragnaroc.

Light relief is added with Augustine's Coronation Dress and Cassie running stark naked, into a room full of vamps.

Cassie is also trying to find out information about her parents as she barely remembers them and Mircea tracks down a party in London that her mother attended in the past. That's where she sees the Spartoi, kids of Ares, try to kill her mother and the crazy mage from the Guild kidnap her. A mindblowing chase ensues through various horse-drawn coaches, buses, wagons all the while trying to fight the Spartoi.

This book really alternates between Pritkin and Mircea more so, I think, than the others did and so did my feelings. Should she stick to Mircea and then it was, should she stick to Pritkin. Both have for and against points, so much so, I can understand how she doesn't even know to ask the question, let alone have an answer.

"Pretty early on, I'd learned to distance myself from inconvenient feelings, from anything I couldn't easily handle. And by now, I was tops at the Scarlett O'Hara school of emotional distancing. I always thought about the uncomfortable stuff tomorrow, and, as everyone knows, tomorrow never comes."

We get family history lessons from both Pritkin and Mircea, in amongst fighting Spartoi who can also change into (view spoiler). There is another classic time shift fight, with Mircea along, this time in the underground train tunnel, that is so action-packed I needed a breather.

It is whilst fighting the final spartoi that Cassie finds out just who her mother is and it all suddenly becomes clear. The Power was always meant to be hers.

Where is the next book, I want it NOW.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hunt the Moon.

02/12/2012 page 137
33.0% "Mircea has convinced Cassie to eat dinner naked. She erupts into the room starkers to confront a room full of vamps!!! WOW!!!"
show 3 hidden updates…