Mindy's Reviews > Dark Slayer

Dark Slayer by Christine Feehan

Dec 22, 2010

bookshelves: supernatural-paranormal, weapon-toting-hh, 4-stars
Read from December 22 to 29, 2010

I picked up the Dark series not too long ago hoping for a change of pace from my usually reality-based reading. The two books I read were a disappointment, if I were to be honest. I quickly tired of the heroine being stubborn and the hero being barbarically dominant. The books I read were early on in the series and I had pretty much decided not to try reading any more after those. But then I read some of Feehan’s Leopard series and really enjoyed those books, so I thought I’d give the Dark series one more chance. I’m glad I did.

At first I was concerned – with Ivory being such a strong female, how was the story not going to decline into the “I’m not going to be with you because I’m an independent woman” theme? But Ivory surprised me with her compassion and her willingness to try something new and foreign. And her reward was a battered but sympathetic and fun-loving man who wasn’t intimidated by her strength. I enjoy books where petty barriers to love are avoided (and a petty barrier, in my opinion, is a woman too insecure in herself to give up a few meaningless freedoms to be with the man she loves; it is also a man who compulsively tries to “protect” a woman from herself); Feehan put real challenges in front of Ivory and Razvan and their relationship was more believable because of it. I plan to give the Dark series another shot and I hope most of the books follow in this one’s footsteps.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dark Slayer.