€ℒᓰzᗩßℯЋ ツ's Reviews > The Rumpelstiltskin Problem

The Rumpelstiltskin Problem by Vivian Vande Velde

Jan 31, 12

Read in January, 2012

It's ok so far. But I had to return it to the library, so I'll read the rest later.
^^^ written a long time ago.

I finally finished it!!!! I borrowed like 50 books from my friends bookshelf one time, and this was one I took home! I think it's a really funny, good book. In the book, it retells the Rumpelstiltskin story like 5 or 6 different ways. And I really like about half of them, the other half just made me not like the story, or think one of the characters was stupid (which the father was in all of them except one when he was kind of off the hook) anyway, it's told when favoring the father, the maiden, Rumpelstiltskin, and the king. But IT WAS SO GOOD! I thought the author did a good job at covering all the different angles that could have happened in the story. And I mean EVERY angle. In one of the stories, Rumpelstiltskin was actually a girl the whole time!

I don't know if I had a favorite story out of all of them. I know there were some stories where I was like "Wow, you are so thick!" And then others I'm like, "Yea, I can understand why and how that happened." But I just finished it this morning and I like the last story! It was from the king's perspective and how the king was nice and all, but the miller kept pushing him to see his daughter make straw into gold. And the king's like, "Ohh..umm...yea...that's nice." And didn't really believe them (like he should). Then the millers daughter shows up and just ends up taking a golden doorknob from one of his doors and claiming to have sewn that. He was nice, and didn't threaten to cut off her head. In the end, she practically told him they were going to marry and I LOVE his answer, he said something like this: "Oh yea, I would love to marry you (not) and I'll have you spin gold for me every single day of our marrage. And we will invite King _____(what's his face) to the wedding. But we'll need more gold from you because we aren't as rich as everyone thinks, and he has A LOT of money." In the end, she runs off and marries the other king instead.

Summary: It's an awesome book that definitely wasn't a waste of my time and definitely deserves 4 stars!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Rumpelstiltskin Problem.

11/02/2011 page 50