Amanda's Reviews > Allison Hewitt Is Trapped

F 50x66
Dec 22, 10

bookshelves: post-apocalyptic, first-reads, horror
Read in December, 2010

I don't normally do zombie novels or movies at all, but this one sounded interesting and off-beat enough that I decided to try it--she's blogging about her experiences during a zombie apocalypse and starts out trapped in a bookstore, how could I not? And I'm glad I did, because I loved it. The characters are very well written and I fell in love with almost all of them, especially Allison. The pacing is good and sarcastic dialogue between the characters is great. The blogging form is an interesting literary device, since the comments on the blog from readers from all over allow a glimpse into what's happening well beyond Allison's own experience, which is nice, since in an ordinary first person narrative you don't get that, especially in apocalyptic-type novels which are often so myopic and the world becomes kind of isolated down to just this one character or place. The only caveat I have with the blogging form is that occasionally it detracts from the tension, in that we know she'll survive to write the entry about what's currently happening. A first reads novel.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Allison Hewitt Is Trapped.