Amy's Reviews > 'Luuurve is a many trousered thing...'

'Luuurve is a many trousered thing...' by Louise Rennison

Dec 22, 10

bookshelves: read-in-2010
Read on December 20, 2010, read count: 1

Oddly, my local pound shop had a bunch of books in this week and this was one of them. Having enjoyed the Georgia Nicolson books before, I gave it a shot! I picked it up because I was at a pretty dark place in the book I was reading and just wanted to read a bit of something light-hearted before I went to sleep. It's testiment to how light-hearted and fun this is that I ended up staying awake for an extra hour so I could finish it.

I am not the target market in any way (I think, ostensibly, that I am a grown up now... right?) but I still like these books a lot and would have adored them at 12 or 13. I haven't read all of these books, just a few of them oddly and out of order but they are strong enough (and the plot is easy enough to pick up) that they can stand quite happily on their own. They're cute and sassy and silly and peppered with an amazing slang vocab. Seriously, if English is not your first language I have NO idea how you would even understand these books!

Honestly, though: Georgia is going to end up with Dave the Laugh eventually, right?!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read 'Luuurve is a many trousered thing...'.