Books-treasureortrash's Reviews > Conspiracy in Death

Feb 07, 11

bookshelves: reviewed
Read in December, 2010

Book Review: 3 Treasure Boxes

Eve is brought onto the homicide scene of a homeless person whose heart has been surgically removed. Eve starts working the case and in the process comes into contact with a fellow police officer, Ellen Bowers who hates Eve and puts in several complaints about the Lieutenant. After Officer Bowers is found murdered, Eve is suspended and once her badge is taken away, she loses a piece of herself. Since her horrific childhood, being in law enforcement is the only identity that she has. This portion of the book is heart-wrenching and it is interesting to read about Eve's struggle when she is faced with this loss. With Roake and her friends help and support, Eve pulls herself together and then continues to work the case as a civilian. It is always interesting to read Eve as she tracks down her suspects. The story becomes very suspenseful towards the end and has a very satisfying conclusion.

This is a standalone book, I am sure that if you read it you would be quickly reading the other books in the series. I recommend this book to anyone who enjoys reading about strong female lead characters and enjoys a suspense story. The story is well written and enjoyable. I also recommend this book to anyone who enjoys reading about a bit of romance since there is a fair bit of this as well as some hot sex scenes between Eve and Roake.

For my full review go to: http://books-treasureortrash.com/?p=1322

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Conspiracy in Death.