Karyogini's Reviews > Taken by the Others

Taken by the Others by Jess Haines

Jan 26, 11

bookshelves: read-on-2011
Read from January 25 to 26, 2011

I really didn't want this book to end... so much so that I was delaying reading when I reached 65%... :( I was at war with myself. I really didn't like the cover of this book. I loved the cover of the first and the upcoming third... This particular one, not so much.

Anyway... I love how our protagonist really doesn't want to be caught up in the middle of this whole mess. I'm slightly annoyed with Jack... he's the reason why she went tumbling into this mess... It wouldn't have occurred to her to make the call and get everything rolling. (view spoiler)

I don't know what's up with Chaz too. I know he's the pack Alpha... but it seems like he's hiding something from our girl... If i'm not mistaken (and since I'm jaded) I bet the pack is forcing him to find a different mate! Ha! (view spoiler)

I like the introduction of the new characters, well maybe not Max. He sounds immature and vague still. (view spoiler) I do like the new "3rd party" girl and the 2 hunters. Maybe they're the only ones our girl can really trust in the end (oh including her bestfriend of course).

(view spoiler)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Taken by the Others.