Christie's Reviews > Mockingjay

Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins

Feb 24, 11

bookshelves: banned-books, young-adult, kick-ass-heroines, dystopian-apocalyptic-disaster-fic, science-fiction
Read in February, 2011 — I own a copy

I really liked this book and thought it was a fitting conclusion to the trilogy. However, this book suffered from pacing problems. The other books were well-paced with slow parts and action sequences balanced well. They never dragged. This book started off very slow and continued to be very slow until the last 100 pages, when all the action seemed to happen in quick succession barely leaving the reader time to catch up before the next barrage. It just seemed that the book could have been better paced. Other than that the book was very good. The ending was not what I expected. I think that is the mark of a good author that you cannot guess or expect the way it will end. It was a good ending and I was satisfied with it. I'm sorry the series is over. I became very involved in the lives of the characters and wanted to know more about their lives after the story. This is one of the best series I have read.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Mockingjay.

Quotes Christie Liked

Suzanne Collins
“You love me. Real or not real?"
I tell him, "Real.”

Suzanne Collins
“Well, don't expect us to be too impressed. We just saw Finnick Odair in his underwear.”

Suzanne Collins
“Delly lost her temper at Peeta over how he treated you. She got very squeaky. It was like someone stabbing a mouse with a fork repeatedly.”

Suzanne Collins
“Some walks you have to take alone.”

Suzanne Collins
“It takes ten times as long to put yourself back together as it does to fall apart.”

02/21/2011 page 88