Donald Blum's Reviews > Deadly Sanctuary

Deadly Sanctuary by Sylvia Nobel

Apr 06, 2012

Read in April, 2012

I'm a sucker for journalism mystery adventure so chalk this one up to a guilty pleasure adding an extra star to the rating it likely deserves. Although this is no "Girl With the Dragon Tattoo", it is not easily dismissible as "just another writer solving a mystery" story, either. Kendall O'Dell is a three-dimensional character with feelings, flaws, and emotions. Perhaps I found her a bit too romantic, but hey, I'm a guy so maybe her two love interests actually were realistic under the circumstances.

I certainly didn't see the whodunit answer except that I assumed it would be a lot more complicated than finding a single answer to the bevy of mysteries that sprouted up around this small Arizona town. I was correct, and the revelations made logical sense as it was revealed in the adventurous final chapters.

From reading reviews it appears the follow-up novels are more adventure-mysteries, but don't necessarily add to the O'Dell characterization, which was for me the best parts of Deadly Sanctuary. For that reason, I'm going to likely pass on the future adventures of Kendall O'Dell even though I'm glad I made her acquaintance this one time.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Deadly Sanctuary.

05/25 marked as: read