Felicia's Reviews > The World's Greatest Superheroes

The World's Greatest Superheroes by Paul Dini

Dec 21, 2010

bookshelves: graphic-novels
Read in December, 2010

Um...wow. The art in this...Alex Ross, you are my hero. Spectacular, the style is like a painting, every frame a work of art. And the stories are so interesting, trying to ground the heroes we know in a real humanity, a reality. This is a breathtaking graphic novel, a great gift and just wonderfully done.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The World's Greatest Superheroes.

08/15 marked as: read

seth chapin Once again amazing, Alex Ross does wonderful work. I am so glad you are getting into this stuff. Image comics does a Warren Ellis paperback graphic novel called Change or Die(~issues 46-50) I would highly recommend it. Ebay has a great deal on it.
Also Ross used photos in Kingdom Come to really make Shazam and Wonderwoman come to life. Pure Awesome.

seth chapin sorry to blow up your in box but i remembered one thing. The Crow. J O'Barr. It's a real tear jerker. My copy is soaked with dried tears. It helped me a lot when I was coping with my girlfriend's suicide. If you have ever felt a kind of pain like that, this book is for you.
this is probably the version you want:

message 3: by Craig (new)

Craig Williams Alex Ross is great, but Paul Dini's writing is absolutely amazing as well. If you have never watched Batman: The Animated Series, Superman: TAS, Justice League, or Batman Beyond, I cannot recommend those shows enough.

message 4: by DerBonk (new)

DerBonk Sounds like you might enjoy Astro City. It's all about grounding super heroes in "reality" and Ross drew the covers and designed the characters. Any trade is a good start, but I'd recommend Life in the Big City and Confession. "Marvels" is ver similar as well and had Ross on art.