Cinia's Reviews > I'm Watching You

I'm Watching You by Karen Rose

Dec 21, 10

Read in January, 2008

I loooove this book so much. The story line is typical for Karen Rose. Woman with trouble past, who mostly always suffered abuse in some way ( mental, physically, sexually) meets guy with troubled past and they just all work in law enforcement or with the fire department etc.
Kristin is a Criminal Prosecutor and she has an admirer who gives the victims of the cases she didn't win another kind of justice. On the case is Abe Reagan, who I think is the perfect hero, strong capable man, who has deep family roots but still a bad ass when he has to be.
What I loved so much about this book although you knew there were gonna be together, the twist and turns the books had. I was shocked to find out who the killer was and the bits and pieces Rose drops about the past of both hero and heroine were probably one of the best bits in the story.
The love scene in this book, must be one of the most romantic and realistic ones ever. The way Abe induces her into the word of intimacy and sensuality, just makes you want to say 'awww' and wish you had a man like that.
The side characters were a good aid to the story and they weren't just there to add to the dialogue. Rachel (Abe's younger sister) and Mia ( Abe's partner) were my favourites, but that's because I have read all Karen Rose books ans they appear in Aidan's story 'You can't hide' and in Mia's story ' Count to Ten'.
Although its a bit mushy at times, the balance between Romance and Thriller was uphold quit successful by Rose, so definitely a must read.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read I'm Watching You.