Alexandrea's Reviews > Island in the Sea of Time

Island in the Sea of Time by S.M. Stirling

F_50x66
Dec 21, 10

Read in December, 2010

** spoiler alert ** This is a hard one for me to rate. My husband has all three from this trilogy and about to pick up the other series about what happens in the current time while this one follows the Nantucket island back into the past.
I found the first half of the book to be very very slow to read. I didn't ever feel an urge to pick it up and was reading a bit here, a bit there, and was considering putting it down and giving up. However, my husband told me a couple of spoilers about the book and it made me interested in keeping on.
I am now almost done with the second book, which I'm positively speeding through.
The negatives of this book for me were a heck of a lot of details, history, and other stuff that I found a tad bit boring. Also, war, killing, rape, having to kill your enemy in horrible hand to hand combat - stuff that did and does happen now, but it's not a lot of fun to read about or think about.
On the upside, I like some of the characters a lot, and the evil ones are very easy to hate. It is well written, and I am learning things about history and how things work. I don't know what sort of person I would recommend this to, but it is interesting and different.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Island in the Sea of Time.