Brandy *Ahviel*'s Reviews > Never Marry a Stranger

1987133
Dec 21, 10

bookshelves: 2010, caught-my-eye, historical-romance, library-shelf
Read on December 21, 2010

It's an absolute scandal when Captain Matthew Leland arrives at Madingley Court. Presumed dead in battle, his sudden appearance gives the ton quite the shock. But no one is more surprised than Matthew, because waiting for him at home is a bewitching, blue-eyed beauty—and she claims to be his wife!

Miss Emily Grey was alone in the world when a knight in shining armor came to her rescue, claimed her heart, and then disappeared. But now her little white lie, a desperate act of self-preservation, has come back to haunt her. Her husband, once a far-off fantasy, is now a flesh-and-blood man who insists she share his bed . . .

Matthew has no memory of any marriage to this scheming seductress, and he's determined to expose her in every way. But a life with the exquisite Emily will prove irresistible . . . and a marriage of deception will become a marriage of sweet, sweet surrender

I have to say that I absolutely loved this concept for the book. Granted I did not read the prior 2 books but this book alone was a great stand alone. I love how easily Emily was in her role, her struggle was real but she maintained exactly who she was without fraying from the mission of being a "wife" . Matthew knows that Emily is not who she is but there is something about her that draws him in.
This story was well written as were the characters. You could easily fall in love with each of them

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Never Marry a Stranger.