Lauren's Reviews > His Lady Mistress

His Lady Mistress by Elizabeth Rolls

F 50x66
Dec 21, 10

did not like it

Dreadful Kindle Freebie. This is a regency romance novel with an implausible plot and a simpering, whining heroine. If you like annoying, whiny heroines, misunderstandings as a plot device, a lack of communication, and Cinderella stories, this may be for you.

Anyway, this novel tells the story of the orphaned Verity, who is taken in by relatives and mistreated. (Cliche). She falls in love with a mystery man who helps her as a child, only to meet him again at her relative's house (Cliche). Through a series of misunderstandings, Verity and Max's marriage is a disaster (Yawn). Then, they figure out that they are meant for each other and Verity forgives Max's boorish behavior. (Cliche).
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read His Lady Mistress.

message 1: by Misfit (new)

Misfit Have you got anything good on a kindle freebie?

Lauren Outlander was a freebie a few weeks ago, so I recently reread it (that's why I haven't been reviewing for a while - it was just as good the second time around). I have also read some entertaining brain candy Harlequin romance novels (though nothing I'd classify as GOOD) that were free and practically free. The best freebies are the classics.

message 3: by Misfit (new)

Misfit I'd be afraid to pick up the Outlander books again. They'd take over my life again. My pile of *others* wasn't as big back then :)

Kindle freebies, I hear Dumas is very cheap. Can't go wrong with him.