Kaori's Reviews > Always the Vampire

Always the Vampire by Nancy Haddock

May 08, 2011

bookshelves: favorites, paranormal, series-to-follow
Read from May 06 to 08, 2011 — I own a copy

Can't wait for this one to be finally released... I would really have loved to have this one for this Christmas, but well, another book to look forward to having for next year.

Is it just me or the model has changed? I really loved the other books model, but it's only my opinion :)

I've missed this down-to-earth character who just makes you like her, want to be her friend and you can really connect with her. She has such a bubbly personality, that right off you can see that she's not trying to be this warrior princess or trying for world domination... no, she's just a normal woman, with a handsome, fiercely protective and loving boyfriend, a BFF who would do anything and everything for her, and a best friend (with a past) who can shift into a dolphin, give fantastic ghost-infested tours... and oh! Yes, she's also a vampire.

Between being the maid of honor for her best friend's wedding, having a hot steamy and solid relationship with Saber, recovering lost friendships... They are threatened by a mysterious Void created by a powerful wizard, that is affecting all those of the supernatural world and also the men of her life. While Cesca is noticebly unaffected, a lot of people are depending on her to solve this newest problem...

I also like the fact that the author makes as part of the story and gives very detailed information of the surroundings that gives you a feel of what it's like to be there in person. Very few authors can do that to me... Make me part of the environment through her descriptions and details, that I feel as if I've lived there for some time now.

I'm really happy with this book, where we get to see character evolution from all the main cast, they each contribute to the story in their own way, the details and descriptions are really awesome, there are a lot of funny and quirky moments that takes some of the heaviness in the story. Overall, I do recommend these books (all 3 of 'em). They're a fantastic read, the characters are easy to relate to, the story is nicely planned, and in the end, makes you want to know more of this world.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Always the Vampire.

05/07/2011 page 115