Danielle The Book Huntress (Angels Weep For Goodreads)'s Reviews > Hounded

Hounded by Kevin Hearne

Ten Things I liked/loved about Hounded and the Whys:

1. Sexy, redheaded Irish hero. Why, because I have a thing for red-headed guys, and I am a proud person of Irish ancestry, so I think Irish people are cool!
2. Hero is a druid who can also kick butt like nobody's business. Why, because I love characters who can kick butt, and druids are so mysterious and underutilized in contemporary fantasy.
3. The hero communicates with his dog. Why, because I am crazy about animals, I love the human/animal bond, and I thought Oberon was freaking hilarious with his obsessions with sniffing butts, sausage, and French Poodles.
4. Celtic Mythology. Why, well that goes back to my love of the Irish and the Celts (and mythology in general). Um, I do have to say that I prefer my Christian deity, because I don't trust those Celtic gods as far as I can throw them (no offense to those who believe in Celtic pantheism).
5. The Arizona setting. Why? I hate hot weather, but the desert has a raw beauty that appeals. Hearne does it very well here, and not too many books that I've read were set in Arizona.
6. The variety of magical elements and beasties here. Why, because I am a fantasy nerd. Enough said!
7. Swords and swordfighting. If you don't know, I can't tell you why this is cool.
8. Werewolves. Why? I love werewolves. I just do. And these are Scandinavian werewolves, even cooler!
9. Wicked witches. Why, because I like to read books with wicked witches!
10.This book was laugh out loud funny. Why? I love to laugh.

Bonus: Dang, Atticus has some good lawyers!

If you haven't read this book and you enjoy all most at least 60% of what I listed, you should read this book.

In all seriousness, I really enjoyed this book. I had a ball reading it! Highly recommended.

Rating: 4.5/5.0 stars

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hounded.

Quotes Danielle The Book Huntress (Angels Weep For Goodreads) Liked

Kevin Hearne
“Yer a good lad, Atticus, mowin’ me lawn and killin’ what Brits come around.”
Kevin Hearne, Hounded

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Rane YAY! :D

Jennifer I just bought it this weekend! Definitely moving to the top of the tbr tower!

Bark's Book Nonsense Sounds like a good one Danielle.

message 7: by L-D (new) - added it

L-D I have this on my Nook getting ready to be read. Glad you liked it! That'll move it up on my TBR!

Danielle The Book Huntress (Angels Weep For Goodreads) I can't wait to see what you think, Lan-Dinh!

message 9: by L-D (new) - added it

L-D I think I fell in love with the covers!

message 11: by mark (new) - rated it 2 stars

mark monday i'm really looking forward to reading this one! although i don't know if i'll have read it in time for the group read.

Danielle The Book Huntress (Angels Weep For Goodreads) I don't always get to read the group books according to the schedule, but whenever you read it, you can always drop a comment if you are interested. We leave the threads open. I hope you enjoy it, Mark.

message 13: by L-D (new) - added it

L-D Okay dumb question - what is group read? I love the concept of "book clubs" because you have people to discuss books with (one reason I love Goodreads) but then I always say, why do I want to read some stupid Oprah of the month club book I have no interest in? But if there's a group reading Iron Druid I might be interested in something like that! Although I have like 20 books to read for the August challenges already!

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

I am now totally convinced I want to read this book ASAP.

Danielle The Book Huntress (Angels Weep For Goodreads) The different groups will nominate books to read and discuss for a certain month. Right now, the Fantasy Aficionados group is reading Hounded, and I participated. I don't always have time to do group reads, but I join in when I can.

Alice, definitely read it!

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

Thanks Lady Danielle, just tried to get it from the library but they don't have it yet. I will try Borders as soon as I can.

"The Book Huntress" wrote: "The different groups will nominate books to read and discuss for a certain month. Right now, the Fantasy Aficionados group is reading Hounded, and I participated. I don't always have time to do g..."

Danielle The Book Huntress (Angels Weep For Goodreads) I hope you are able to get a copy, Alice.

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

Lady Danielle "The Book Huntress" wrote: "I hope you are able to get a copy, Alice."

Thanks, I will eventually but hope its sooner. I hope someone is finding some Norah Lofts for October too. they are hard to find.

Melanie Davis u r sooo funny i luv ur comments

Cynfully Sweet I cannot wait for the last book! Greatest thing about this series- I work less than a stone's throw away from Rula Bula :)

Danielle The Book Huntress (Angels Weep For Goodreads) Thanks, Melanie!

Cynfully Sweet, that's cool!

Nidah (SleepDreamWrite) Well your review makes it even better. Now I got to up this to the top on my TBR pile.