Kelly's Reviews > Jitterbug Perfume

Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins

Jun 24, 08

bookshelves: greatest_hits
Recommended to Kelly by: me old housemate Kate
Recommended for: people who like beets & meditation & nice smells & making out. (i.e. myself.)
Read in June, 2008

As I'd said to my friend Juliana, once I'd started this book: part of me wonders what took me so long between being recommended the book in 1996 and finally getting around to reading it, like, TODAY. But then another part of me knows that I did not yet dig so heavily on, say, beets and Tibetan Buddhism (both of which have figured crucially by p. 116) back in 1996. And then, oh my God, an accordionist, a crucial accordionist, appears! I mean really.

So maybe I had to, you know, get with it, before I could be worthy of such a damn fine book. It is as if Tom Robbins, way back in 1984, had a portal into what would become my brain, and made a book for it.

As Juliana astutely pointed out in response, "Perchance you need to see what he is writing now so you an get a glimpse of what's to come for you in a decade or so. Would be cheaper than a call to 1-800-CLAIRVOYANT."

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Jitterbug Perfume.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Julianaisadora (new)

Julianaisadora Fame is now mine!

message 2: by A (new) - rated it 5 stars

A Davis "It is as if Tom Robbins, way back in 1984, had a portal into what would become my brain, and made a book for it." Um, EXACTLY.