Justin Williams's Reviews > Catholicism and Fundamentalism

Dec 21, 10

Recommended to Justin by: USAF Priest
Recommended for: everyone
read count: 5+

This book was very instrumental in my decision to convert to Catholicism. I was a Born-Again, Bible Thumping, Catholic Hater, who worked as a Chapel Manger in the USAF. I was assigned as bookkeeper for awhile, and had to work with the Chapel's Catholic priest as he was the one who had to approve all the purchases and sign all the checks. We became good friends, and I would drill him about his heretical religion. We would smoke together and go get a drink together after work, and he gave me this book to read. It blew my mind to find out that Catholics were actually Christians, and not only that, they were the Church that Christ established. Karl Keating is an amazing author, and has done so much for the Catholic Church with his writings and the apologetic work done by his Catholic Answers ministry. www.catholic.com

I would recommend this book to everyone. Catholic and Non-Catholics alike. If nothing else it will give you some hard to ignore information to let you mind chew on. You can't read this book and not be changed, one way or the other. Keating lays it all out on the table, and isn't afraid to quote at length and refer you to read critics of the Catholic Church.

As Bishop Fulton Sheen used to say "There are not one hundred people in the United States who hate The Catholic Church, but there are millions who hate what they wrongly perceive the Catholic Church to be."

I dare anyone to read this, and prove Bishop Sheen wrong.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Catholicism and Fundamentalism.