Lyndsey's Reviews > Flirt Club

Flirt Club by Cathleen Daly

Jan 20, 11

bookshelves: firstreads, reviewed-2010, reviewed-3-stars, reviewed-2011
Read in January, 2011

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Flirt Club.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Galla (new)

Galla Love the images! I think this book's probably not for me, but it does sound like a cute idea.

Did you see the video of the little kids doing Jersey Shore impressions a while back? If not, I'll hunt down the link for you. It's hilarious.

Lyndsey I didn't see that!! Sounds great. *sigh* Kids these days... LOL

Lyndsey Hahahahha. Oh my gawd! Now that is a show I would actually watch! "Wanna play trucks?" "I have a boyfriend." Classic!

message 5: by Flannery (new)

Flannery I read this entire review thinking to myself, "WHY DID LYNDSEY READ THIS?" and then I got to the bottom of the review. Mystery solved. Just call me Sherlock, thank you very much.

message 6: by Galla (new)

Galla Lyndsey wrote: "Hahahahha. Oh my gawd! Now that is a show I would actually watch! "Wanna play trucks?" "I have a boyfriend." Classic!"

I'd DVR it so I didn't miss any, ha ha! Love the juice boxes. :P

Lyndsey LMAO, Flann!!! I know. It is soooo my usual read!

Galla, I love the fake-and-bake on the kids faces. Hilarious.

message 8: by AH (new)

AH Once again, you had me giggling with the first set of pictures. Are you going to assign any stars to this book or shall it remain starless? Great review.

message 9: by ~Tina~ (new)

~Tina~ LMAO! Great review!

message 10: by AH (new)

AH I watched that Little Jersey Shore clip. It was hilarious and probably better than the real show (because it was only 2min long!)

Lyndsey Thanks AH and Tina! Yeah, I was thinking about keeping all my firstreads ARC reviews starless because I'm not sure it's fair to the book since I can rate on the low end. I'm not sure though.

message 12: by AH (new)

AH Don't feel bad. I rated a few Goodreads first reads books 1 and 2 stars. I have a few that I should have rated 1 star but I did not feel comfortable doing so, so I understand where you're coming from. Not every book can be a 5 star read and it is subjective.

Lyndsey Yeah, I kinda feel like a lot of people probably rate higher thinking it will increases their odds of winning more books, so the reviewers might be artificially increasing the actual ratings. I don't think it's fair that way either. Ahhhh! It's so confusing. I'm not sure what rating to give it either. Maybe 2.... maybe 3. Grrrrr. Damn you star ratings.

message 14: by AH (last edited Jan 20, 2011 12:58PM) (new)

AH Either hit the 2 or 3 but put in bold I would have given this 2.5 stars if I could. You don't ruin your chances of winning books, it's only if you don't review.

message 15: by Viccy (new)

Viccy Love the review, especially the pictures. I probably would not read this even though I like many YA books, however, without the acronyms, I agree no YA today will like it.

message 16: by Lyndsey (last edited Jan 21, 2011 11:19PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Lyndsey THX, ILY! LMAO!!! BTW - TTYL! OMG LOL!!

See that wasn't so hard, Flirt Club.

Thanks Viccy!

message 17: by Manny (new)

Manny if teen girls do still pass notes, they would most likely barely be decipherable.

I was interested to discover from this book that French kids apparently do still pass notes, but create them by filling out forms. I must find out whether this is really true!

message 18: by AH (new)

AH Manny, that book was written in 1993, before kids all had cell phones! Of course they passed notes to each other. LOL!

Lyndsey Haven't you ever heard the song "Check yes or no"?? My friends and I did something similar in school. We would write "Do you like me? Circle one: yes no" or "Will you be by BFF?" But like AH said, this was also in the nineties. Geez, Manny! Keep up. Hahaha. JK

message 20: by Manny (new)

Manny Ah, you've identified one of my blind spots - this was long after I'd gone to school, but slightly before my own kids did. Just checked out the song... I'm afraid it's not making my top 10, but thank you for the pop culture reference :)

Lyndsey You're very welcome! Yeah, it's no where near my list, either. But sadly, in the US south - songs such as this, most of them being much worse, are unavoidable. Gawd, I am so sick of songs about tractors!!

message 22: by Kim (new)

Kim I received this book free as an ARC from Goodreads.

After reading your review I'm thinking thank god for that. ^^

Lyndsey Haha. Imagine how I feel. ;)

It wasn't BAD really, just not my thing.