Shawna's Reviews > Bad Girl By Night

Bad Girl By Night by Lacey Alexander

Jun 25, 11

bookshelves: contemporary-romance, cop-bodyguard-govop-merc-military, erotic-romance-erotica-romantica, toni-blake-lacey-alexander, menage-multiple-partners-polyamory, backdoor-action-lovin-playin, heroine-girl-next-door, kindle, heroine-beautiful-bombshell, heroine-badgirl-improper-scandalous, heroine-prim-proper-decorous, heroine-plain-jane-ugly-duckling, heroine-odd-spinster-wallflower, dirty-talk-turns-me-on, bdsm-kink, yowza-hotness, steam-5-scorching-x, culinary-lovin-food-and-sex-chef, small-town-lovin, smut-fix-smuttastic-fun, sizable-packages, tattoos-piercings-body-art, heroine-abused-traumatic-past-rape, hero-abused-scarred-tortured-angst, angsty-dark-heavy-lotsa-drama, animals-matter, hero-brooding, hero-stud-mantel-hall-of-fame, hero-walking-hardon, hero-expert-skilled-voracious-lover, i-read-kindle, i-read-own-faves-keepers, 2011-reads, 4-to-5-stars, hero-alpha‎, hh-love-commitment-marriage-phobic, series-hot-cops, heroine-good-girl-nice, masquerade-hide-your-face-identity, heroine-good-girl-tempted-gone-wild, fantasy-role-playing, steam-some-like-it-hard-rough-dirty, steam-some-like-it-kinda-kinky
Recommended for: Fans of erotic romance who like a good story with their kink
Read from June 22 to 23, 2011

4 ½ stars – Contemporary Erotic Romance

H – Holy Hot Tamales Batman!
O – Our grandmothers would be shocked and appalled to discover their beloved chocolate meringue pie being used in such a naughty fashion. Chocolate pie as a sexual turn-on? Meringue as lubricant in unmentionable, private places?
T – Tsk-tsk, tut-tut! Can’t you just see the stunned, disapproving headshakes?

This book is fire alarm smokin’ HOT, the sex is raunchy, and there’s dirty talk aplenty, but it also has a poignant storyline about two damaged people who connect sexually but may or may not be best for each other emotionally. 4 ½ stars!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bad Girl By Night.

06/23/2011
50.0% "Meringue as lubricant?! Hmmmm...I don't think that's quite what our grandmothers had in mind when they passed down the family pie recipe. LOL!" 10 comments
06/25/2011
100.0% "Review to follow"

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Fiona (new)

Fiona Goodman Wow Shawna! So many shelves for just one book!!! I'll have to check it out :)))

Shawna Holy smokes it's a hot one, Fiona!

message 3: by Fiona (new)

Fiona Goodman On my 'to read' list baby!

UniquelyMoi ... So I Can Shine... No kidding... H.O.T!!!!!

Thanks for reminding me I hadn't written my review, Shawna.... I kept getting distracted thinking about the sex. LOL!!!!!!!

Shawna Easy to get distracted, Dhes! LOL!

Shawna I kept thinking about how messy, messy the pie in bed scene was and how I hate doing laundry too much to try something like that. LOL!

UniquelyMoi ... So I Can Shine... Shawna wrote: "I kept thinking about how messy, messy the pie in bed scene was and how I hate doing laundry too much to try something like that. LOL!"

YES, me too!!!!!!! But I wouldn't have turned him down. No. Way. :)

message 8: by Fiona (new)

Fiona Goodman UniquelyMoi *~*Dhestiny*~* wrote: "Shawna wrote: "I kept thinking about how messy, messy the pie in bed scene was and how I hate doing laundry too much to try something like that. LOL!"

YES, me too!!!!!!! But I wouldn't have turned..."

I thought I was the only one who thought the scene sex/food scene in 9 1/2 weeks was a turn off. I just kept thinking that afterward he was probably going to jump on his bike/truck/muscle car afterward and leave her to clean it up!

So no, I wouldn't go for pie in bed.

Shawna I wouldn't turn him down either, Dhes! I could always just buy new sheets. LOL!

Vicki I'm sure you could find sheets cheap, let's face it, it would be worth it! :)

Shawna True, true, Vicki! LOL!

UniquelyMoi ... So I Can Shine... Vicki wrote: "I'm sure you could find sheets cheap, let's face it, it would be worth it! :)"

Shawna wrote: "I wouldn't turn him down either, Dhes! I could always just buy new sheets. LOL!"

AMEN!

Shawna Yeah, with a lover like Jake, I'd probably stock up on cheap sheets. LMAO!

Elena R a.k.a. Lunies R The pie was just the icing to this book! I can't imagine that scene again. A was definitely a hot sticky situation. Lol!

Shawna Most definitely! LOL!

message 16: by Yvonne (new)

Yvonne LOL - Holy Hot Tamales Shawna...chocolate pie and dirty talk - SOLD!

Shawna LOL! Is that combo on a menu somewhere? 'Cause if it was I'd order it! At the movie theater..."I'd like a box of Hot Tamales and a side of chocolate pie and dirty talk, please."

message 18: by Tarra (new)

Tarra O - oh my! Y'all are so funny! I'm in the camp of not wanting to clean the mess up afterwards. I'll have to read this to see if he'd be worth a new set of sheets. ;)

message 19: by Yvonne (new)

Yvonne LMAO! I swear I can not stop laughing! Can you imagine the poor kid behind the concession counter when you order "dirty talk"?!