Annie Palmer's Reviews > Introvert Power: Why Your Inner Life Is Your Hidden Strength

Introvert Power by Laurie A. Helgoe

Jun 18, 12

bookshelves: favorites
Read from December 20, 2010 to January 10, 2011

I enjoy and find it beneficial to myself and others to learn about human behavior. I obviously learned a lot about introverts, but also appreciated the tidbits I picked up about extroverts. As an introvert myself, I appreciate the practical ideas Helgoe presented. They are easily applicable and gives respect to oneself and others. I think it is important to know that about 50 percent of us are introverts, but don't realize it because we are conditioned to be extroverts. Another key point was that extroverts are not anti-social and often not even shy. We just value time to ourselves, introspection, and time to think through things before being asked to share with others. This book is an excellent read for anyone interested in human behavior, those wanting to understand themselves better, and also for leaders. Leadership is a tricky thing and is trely an artform. Understanding and using the strenths of introverts and extroverts are key.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Introvert Power.