Becca's Reviews > Highborn

Highborn by Yvonne Navarro

Jan 29, 11

bookshelves: sci-fi, books-i-own, books-read-in-2011, angels, paranormal-romance, demons
Read from January 12 to 29, 2011

I have mixed feelings on this book. I thought the concept of the book was good but when I started reading it it didn't really grab me. I liked the book and I read it but it wasn't a book that I couldn't put down either. This story is out Brynna a fallen angel who is now a demon, and she escapes from Hell so that she can try and be redeemed. When she gets to Earth she witnesses a murder of a nephillum and she learns that he isn't the first.

This book deals a lot with fate Brynna believes that every situation she is put in is because she is meant to be there for some reason. One of the things she believes she is supposed to do is to protect a young nephillum girl from this serial killer and also old demon enemies of hers. This book had a slight romance aspect with a Detective that Brynna met but she said that she can't really get involved with him because he can become addicted to her so I don't really know where that is going to go.

Overall this book was enjoyable and I will see where she goes with this series, but I didn't love this book. I can only hope that the sequel can expand and improve on the groundwork of this first book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Highborn.