Laura's Reviews > A Wallflower Christmas

A Wallflower Christmas by Lisa Kleypas

Dec 21, 10

Read from December 20 to 21, 2010

Hannah Appleton is the companion of her rich aristocratic cousin, Lady Natalie Blandford. She loves Natalie and has her best interests at heart. Therefore she agrees to meet with Rafe Bowman and his family before Rafe is to meet with Lady Natalie. Rafe is a rich, crass, and very sexy American that has arrived in England looking for a bride. Lady Natalie is the woman chosen by his father for his attentions. Unfortunately, Hannah finds herself strangely attracted to this entirely unsuitable American. At a Christmas house party at Lord Westcliff’s famed Stony Cross Park Estate, romantic entanglements ensue with the help of the four former Wallflowers.

I enjoyed this book. It had a great romantic story that followed through and finished on a great note. I loved the Christmas setting with the very tall tree at Stony Cross Park and Hannah’s reading of A Christmas Carol to the children. It was a great incorporation of the Dickens classic.

For the rest of my review, please see my blog at

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Wallflower Christmas.