Arminius's Reviews > Anticancer

Anticancer by David Servan-Schreiber

Jan 01, 11

bookshelves: science
Read from December 27, 2010 to January 01, 2011

This book is a wonderful roadmap to living life at it's fullest. It is also Dr. Servan-Schreiber's theory on ways to defeat the dreaded disease of cancer. Most have been talked about by others but he describes the way white blood cells can attack cancer cells. There actually is a picture of this in this book. Exercise, organic food, positive thoughts, meditation, yoga, massage and vitamins are part of his prescription.

One thing that stood out was his claim that curcuma with pepper attacks cancer cells. Another standout fact was the reason why meat is not healthy for us anymore. Prior to the 1960's cattle were grass fed. Grass has a perfect omega 3 to omega 6 ratio. People would absorb this ideal balance. However, since the 1960's many farmers started to feed corn to its cattle. Corn has no nutritional value.

The Omega 3 to Omega 6 balance is something Mr Servan-Schreiber believes is wrong with America's diet. America's diet is loaded with Omega 6's. That is the reason the Omega 3 powerhouses like salmon and fish oil are nutritional recommended.

He tells us this through the story of his tough personal life. What I enjoyed most was the way he backed up his claims with details of scientific (mostly rat) experiments. The book is very good.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Anticancer.

12/28/2010 page 120 "So far it is very good. He states the obvious - exercise, colorful fruits and vegetables, never giving up attitude positive attitude as keys to preventing cancer. However he describes how cancer cells behave and how white blood cells react to cancer cells. He also goes over the historic discoveries in cancer research. I am enjoying this on my brand new Nook, by the way."
show 1 hidden update…