Becca's Reviews > The Countess

The Countess by Lynsay Sands

Jan 02, 11

bookshelves: romance, netgalley, arc-s, historical
Read in December, 2010

This book was amazing, it was hilarious at times which was something I did not expect. Christina is married to the meanest, emotionally abusive man, Dicky. When he abruptly dies she's extremely relieved, but she must hide his death until her sisters can make a debut. Her sisters must make this debut because they need the money for their fathers gambling debts. When at the ball with her sister's Christina see's Dicky and almost faints.

Richard attends the same ball as Christina to confront his twin brother who has tried to steal his title, and life. But when he gets there he realizes that Dicky has married someone in his name, and that confuses his plans. He never planned on ruining an innocent girl. When he finds out that Dicky was killed he doesn't know if this wife did it, and if she may try again because now he is taking back his role and title and hoping no one will notice the difference including his wife.

These two main characters fit perfectly together even when they don't realize it. Their interactions with their friends and family, are great you can really tell how well these people know each other. The book was well written and definitely flowed throughout the book making me not want to stop reading. The book wasn't all romance though it had a mystery aspect of how did Dicky die? It was very Clue-esque, Who had done it? I absolutely loved this book and would recommend it to anyone. It definitely held my attention and kept it until I finished.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Countess.